30Dec

Marvin House

The old Marvin Home was one of the community’s older homes. David Marvin was a Revolutionary War soldier and one of the early settlers of old Fish House; after the war he settled here from Connecticut. David is buried in the old Presbyterian Church Grave Yard in the hamlet of Fish House The Marvin Home survived the flooding of the Great Sacandaga Reservoir and was moved to this later location in 1929. This old home was left-in-tack until 1996, when it was purposely burned to the ground. This caused concern in the neighborhood and a special meeting was held to see if the rest of the old homes here could be protected. Dr. Marvin’s office is a small brick structure used today as a summer camp and located just up the road from this marker.

Location: As you enter the Fish House Hamlet, this marker is on the north side of Route 110 and west of the intersection of 109 and 110.

Please follow and like us:

TAGS: