This marker designates a place name given to a tributary or creek that empties into the Great Sacandaga Lake. The creek derived its name from one of the areas early pioneers, a Frenchman by the name of Joseph De Golyer who first settled on its banks when it was but a wilderness. By 1810 Duncan McMartin had established a saw, grist and woolen mill on this creek. McMartin was known as a surveyor, lawyer and judge of common plea by 1813 and later became elected as a State Senator.
Location: This marker is located on the south side of Route 110, north, out of the village of Broadalbin where the creek crosses the highway.