Eurasian boar are native to Europe and Asia. Also known as Russian boar, wild boar, wild hog, razorback, or feral swine, invasive Eurasian boar are new to the New York landscape, represent a great threat to New York and have the potential to become permanently established if action is not taken immediately.
If you believe you have seen a Eurasian boar or damage from them…
- Note the location (intersecting roads, landmarks or GPS coordinates).
- Note the number of animals seen, the date, and whether any were piglets.
- Take pictures if possible.
- Contact your local DEC office (see the DEC website for a complete list) or your local Partnership for Regional Invasive
Species Management (PRISM) by visiting: www.nyis.info.
- Report the infestation to iMapInvasives at: www.NYiMapInvasives.org.